How to Register for Competitions
Freeskiing / Park and Pipe
Squaw Valley Freestyle supports both USSA and USASA freesking events at the regional and national level. These competitions can be seen in the “Competition Schedule” link above.
- USASA – Registration for USASA can be performed at www.usasa.org by clicking on the “join / renew / login” under the “members tab on the top banner of the website. Once a you are a member, you can register for events on the sam site. We are in the “North Tahoe” division of USASA. You can find events within our region under the “regions” tab, and then under the “western” tab. Clicking on the “North Tahoe” link will bring you to a list of the events in our region as well as links for registration.
- For quick access and scheduling to the North Tahoe USASA freeskiing series go to: https://usasanorthtahoeseries.teamapp.com
- USSA – Both registration for USSA and the events throughout the season can be performed at www.farwestfreestyle.com. This website contains any information you will need about USSA and our division (Far West) of USSA. We are strictly doing USASA freeskiing events for the 2019 season.
Freeride / Big Mountain
Squaw Valley Freestyle supports TJFS events at the regional level and IFSA events at the national level. These competitions can be seen in the “Competition Schedule” link above.
- TJFS – Registration for the TJFS (Tahoe Junior Freeride Series) cab be performed at this page: http://www.tjfs.info/tjfs-membership.html. TJFS Membership Registration is open. Early Bird Pricing is $60 until December 16. The rate will increase to $70 on December 17.
- TJFS Athletes are required to:
- be a current athlete on a participating TJFS team
- have a current 2016-2017 IFSA Membership License (single event membership does not apply)
- have a current 2016-2017 TJFS Membership License
- TJFS Membership Access Code: 2017_TJFS_AX
- IFSA – Registration for IFSA can be performed by going to www.freeskiers.org and clicking on the “Membership” link.
Freestyle / Moguls
Squaw Valley Freestyle supports USSA events at the regional and national level. Both registration for USSA, and the events throughout the season, can be performed at www.farwestfreestyle.com. This website contains any information you will need about USSA and our division (Far West) of USSA.
USSA has a ranking system where athletes can compare themselves with other athletes across the country by acquiring points. You raise your points by placing close to the highest ranked athlete in the event. Points lists can be accessed on the USSA web site. Athletes qualify for Junior Olympics and Nationals off the points list. The USSA points list is updated six times throughout the winter. The updated points lists will be available Jan. 6, Jan 27, Feb 24, Mar 10, Mar 31, and Jun 30.
USASA points system differs in that all events contain the same amount of points and athletes are awarded points based upon position in the event. Rankings can be seen at the USASA website. Athletes can qualify for Nationals at Copper based on their national ranking.
IFSA rankings are based upon a combination of results from national IFSA competitions and regional TJFS competitions. Athletes can access their IFSA ranking at the IFSA website.